Sunday, June 27, 2010

Getting Started

Hello.
I'm TD and this is my shinny new blog.
Creating and maintaining this Journal is a challenge to myself.
As a child, I loved to write. I loved to read and get lost in stories. Although I still read (A LOT!), I've stopped writing. I'm now in my late 30's wondering If I would still enjoy it.
I've never been one to write about myself, or 'real life', but I've found myself at a new and potentially exciting phase in my life. I've finally discovered my 'spiritual side' is not strange or unheard of. About a year ago I realized that the belief system I've been depending on since childhood was not a disbelief in everything spiritual, but was simply a disbelief in religion. I'm not agnostic, or an atheist. I'm Pagan. Who knew?
I've been researching and study various aspects of what that means over the past 2 years and have gained quite a bit of knowledge. Now it's time for me to apply this to myself and discover what it means for me and my husband (DD).
So here's my challenge: Stop hiding behind others opinions and notions of me and face myself unfiltered.
Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a wife. I am a 'sender' in a family of 'receivers'. I am an animal lover. I am a full time employee - I hesitate to use the term "career woman" as I'm not sure if my current professional position is where I want to linger much longer! I am a female member of a matriarchal family, a head-strong woman from a clan of mighty women. I am a loyal friend. I am an Aquarius. I've been described as a romantic and a realist.
And this is just the beginning.......

No comments:

Post a Comment